Have you jumped into the coloring books for relaxation trend? I don’t usually follow fads, but this happens to be something I actually like. Before you laugh and say, “coloring books are for kids,” take a look at 7 reasons why I enjoy coloring books for relaxation.
7 Reasons I Enjoy Coloring Books for Relaxation:
- I used to enjoy these types of mosaic or geometric coloring books when I was a tween/teen, so to me it’s a revival of something nostalgic.
- I’ve never been good at drawing, but I do enjoy choosing color schemes and seeing the designs come to life as I color them.
- My oldest daughter enjoys them, too, so it gives us a fun and creative hobby to do together.
- I’m not one who can just veg out in front of the TV or sit still and “do nothing,” so this is a nice way for me to unwind when I’m overtired or stressed out.
- It helps me to clear my mind so I can actually focus on my work more efficiently if I take a “brain break” with these coloring books.
- Using the Bible verses or inspirational coloring books helps me to memorize scripture and spend more quiet time in prayer and encouragement.
- Many of them are meant to be frame-worthy, so it’s a nice way to decorate the house with inexpensive yet pretty works of art that inspire positive thinking.
If you’re considering giving these coloring books a try, here is a list of ideas to get you started:
Have you tried coloring books for relaxation yet?
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- 7 Creative Ways to Use Sticky Notes in Your Homeschool - April 27, 2017
- The Ultimate Guide to Delight-Directed Homeschooling - April 24, 2017
- Homeschool DIY - April 20, 2017