It’s time for another fun craft to do with the kids! You already know how important it is to do crafts with your kids, right? I know the mess can be overwhelming at times, but this adorable Hyacinth Pipe Cleaner Craft is super simple and not messy at all. No glitter, no glue, no fuss. It gets bonus points for being budget-friendly and using supplies you might already have around the house.
Hyacinth Pipe Cleaner Craft
Pencil or stick
1. Begin by crafting the blooms of your hyacinths. To do this, cut the purple pipe cleaners into fourths. Then, wrap them around the pencil. This will give them the spiral effect. Remove and set aside.
2. Cut your green pipe cleaners to craft the stems. You can cut them out in an assortment of sizes. Wrap the ends of each onto the purple blooms to create the flowers.
3. Place a small piece of felt at the bottom of your flower pot. This will cover the hole and keep your filler in.
4. Fill the flower pot with the filler of your choice. We used small pieces of gravel.
5. Poke the pipe cleaner hyacinths into the pot. You can wrap smaller pieces of green pipe cleaner around the stems to create leaves if you wish.
Your pipe cleaner hyacinth craft is now ready to be displayed!
These make a cheery decoration for window sills, desks, and bookshelves. Experiment with the pipe cleaners and try to make different types of flowers and you can have your own indoor garden — and you won’t even have to water it!
What kind of pipe cleaner crafts have you made? Let me know in the comments!