If you have little girls like I do, chances are they like the Disney movie Frozen. My youngest is a big fan of the movie and dolls and toys, so we often have Frozen themed playtime at our house. What could be more fun than making your own homemade play dough inspired by Frozen? It’s so pretty and so fun, I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Frozen Inspired DIY Play Dough
1 cup of flour
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons extra fine silver glitter
2 drops lavender gel food coloring
2 drops blue gel food coloring
1. Mix together your flour, water, cream of tartar, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl.
2. Scoop in half your mixture into a sauce pan.
3. Add 2 drops of blue food coloring and 2 tablespoons of your glitter in your pot and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly until your mixture turns into dough.
4. Once your dough forms, place it aside for it to cool.
5. Repeats steps 2-4 to make your purple glitter dough.
6. Once your play dough cools, it is ready to play with.
7. Store in airtight ziplock baggies and it will last months.
Use a snowflake cookie cutter to make fun shapes!
Do you make your own play dough? Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Ideal Gifts for Girls Who Love Horses - November 20, 2017
- Great Big Gift Guide for Creative Girls - November 20, 2017
- Gifts that Encourage a Heart of Gratitude and Giving - November 16, 2017